We Ease Your Stress After Death of Loved One
At Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Roanoke, we understand that a loss of a loved one or a friend can be a very hard, sad and stressful time for family and friends of the deceased. So, when you choose us to help say goodbye to your mom, dad, grandparent, brother, sister, son, daughter, uncle, aunt, girlfriend, boyfriend or friend, we work with you to make the process a little easier.
Our Vision Was To Make Funerals Affordable
Our founders had a vision for an affordable and high-quality funeral service for all people who come to us for our services. It was a vision that would eliminate the financial burden always associated with funeral arrangements. In 1999, Valley Funeral Service was founded based on our commitment to serve the Roanoke Valley and the area with the highest quality service at the lowest price.
Valley Funeral Home is Committed To
We have changed our name to Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Service in recent years, but we are still committed to the same core values. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, we are dedicated to serving you and your family, and that is the way that we can “make the necessary affordable.” We offer a variety of services, from a traditional funeral to cremation to pet cremation services.
Here are some of our services:
- Traditional funeral services
- Traditional cremation services
- Pre-arranged funerals
- Horse-drawn funerals
- Burial vaults
- Various styles of caskets
- Pet monuments and cremations
- Commercial plaques
- Photo collages
- Personnel available 24 hours a day
Helping You With The First Steps After a Death
When a death occurs in your family, you might not know what to do right away. At Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Service, we will help you make the arrangements for a funeral, memorial or cremation. Here are the steps that need to be taken immediately after a loved one or friend passes away:
- Making the first call: Usually the first call after a death is to a funeral home. The call is made by either a family member or a medical facility. The
police may be called first if a crime was committed.
- Transporting the body: The first call usually results in the transfer of the deceased to the funeral home.
- Making arrangements: Valley Funeral Home and Cremation Service will work with you on what kind of service is needed, the casket choice, what day the
service will be, etc. We know that there are a lot of decisions to be made, but we will try to lessen the burden on you.
- Cemetery arrangements: If cemetery property has not already been purchased, it will be necessary to meet with or call the cemetery of choice to make
- Estate and financial issues: The affairs of the deceased must be put in order, including death notices, filing benefit claims and the reading of a will.